Gatlinburg Reunion & Retreat Activities
There are good reasons to choose Carr's Cottages for your reunion needs besides the onsite amenities. The location overlooking the main road means you get some of the best seats in town to the parades!
• The 4th of July Parade. Exactly 1 minute after 11:59 PM July 3rd, the country's earliest 4th of July celebration begins with over 40 minutes of incredible floats of outstanding patriotism. Without a doubt the most fun you could have late at night and without even leaving Carr's to go down for a look!
• The Fantasy of Lights Christmas Parade. No holiday festivities in any respectable town is without a Christmas parade, and Gatlinburg spares no expense to bring it all together for the first week in December! Over 100 floats featuring your favorite Christmas characters, classic and modern, with all your favorite carols belted out by Crosby or performed by marching bands or mobile chorals!
• Don't forget that you get a great view of the Winterfest Lights up and down the main street of Gatlinburg, within walking distance from Carr's property! Lights are on between Early November to late February.
Sometimes it just works a lot better to walk around Gatlinburg instead of driving. Here's just a few of the places you can check out within walking distance from Carr's Cottages. Walk to downtown Gatlinburg, Tennessee in minutes and enjoy these fun Gatlinburg attractions!
• Salt and Pepper Museum - Few of its kind exist in the world, so take this rare opportunity to see its many odd knick-knacks, over 20,000 of them form all over the globe! $3 admission per adult. 10AM-4PM Monday-Sunday.
• Gatlinburg Winery - People come from all over to see this historic site for the city of Gatlinburg! This winery has produced hundreds of bottles of wine for regional, national and international use. Free tour through the production area! Great place to bring Mom or Grandma! Toll Free: 1-888-765-9463.
• Rafting in the Smokies - Wow, how do you top white water rafting for a family adventure down raging rapids and up cresting waves over rocks? Rafting in the Smokies has been delighting families for years and years and you don't want to miss a chance to go down the Lower Pigeon river or up The Upper Pigeon River! www.raftinginthesmokies.com
• Visit the Gatlinburg Attractions Association to learn more about great group activities for your family reunion or church retreat. Many offer large group discounts!
Gatlinburg Shopping is just minutes away and the cars don't need to move! Located directly on the trolley route, Carr's Northside Cottages is close to the many varieties of shops Gatlinburg has to offer.
Walk to The Village in minutes and enjoy shops from around the world, or ride the trolley to the Arts and Crafts Community for unique art galleries and craft shops. If looking for Smoky Mountain souvenirs, we are minutes from more than you can imagine! Start your planning now!
G.Webb Art Gallery - www.gwebbgallery.com
Scavenger Hike Adventures - www.scavengerhikeadventures.com
Considering Dining Out at These Terrific Gatlinburg Restaurants. Allow us to make these recommendations for your group dining experience. Many offer large group dining discounts!
Alamo Steakhouse - Located on Hwy 321 near Carr's with group rate options available.
Bennett's BBQ - Excellent choices with group rates - dine in or have Bennett's cater at Carr's!
These additional favorites are also located very near!
No Way Joses – Mexican Cuisine
The Pancake Pantry – Breakfast and Lunch only located in The Village
Prefer Catering? Every Reunion needs to have that one, big, family blow-out meal that capitalizes on the entire experience. It completes the reunion on the highest of notes. Consider catering for your big blow out! Many restaurants in Gatlinburg offer great options for sandwiches, BBQ, and many more!